Causability prohibits all ‘cause based campaigns’ that are illegal, heavily regulated, or potentially dangerous for (users) donors, as well as any offered ‘perks’ (donation incentives) that the ‘creator’ did not make either physically or offered as digital downloads.
1. Any item claiming to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent an illness or condition (whether via a device, app, book, nutritional supplement, or other means).
2. Contests, coupons, gambling, and raffles.
3. Energy food and drinks.
4. Offensive material (e.g., hate speech, encouraging violence against others, etc.)
5. Offering a genetically modified organism as a reward.
6. Live animals. Campaigns can not include live animals as a reward.
7. Offering alcohol as a reward.
8. Offering financial, money-processing, or credit services; financial intermediaries or cash-equivalent instruments; travel services (e.g., vacation packages); phone services (e.g., prepaid phone services, 900 numbers); and business marketing services.
9. Political fundraising.
10. Any pornographic or sexually explicit material.
11. Campaigns that promote discrimination, bigotry, or intolerance towards marginalized groups.
12. Campaigns that share things that already exist, or repackage a previously created product, without adding anything new or aiming to iterate on the idea in any way.
13. No resale. All ‘perks’ (donation incentives) must have been produced or designed by the project or one of its creators — no reselling things from others or elsewhere.
14. Drugs, nicotine, tobacco, vaporizers, and related paraphernalia.
15. Weapons, replicas of weapons, and weapon accessories.
If your project involves something illegal, heavily regulated, or potentially dangerous for backers and it is not on this list, please contact us before starting your campaign.